Backpacks are one of the most popular types of bags because of the convenience and comfort they provide to users. These carriers are valuable when you’re planning to go on a wet travel adventure because you can bring several changes of clothes while being assured of their protection from moisture.
You can find a great selection of backpack designs and materials in the market today. However, the extensive assortment to choose from can be a double-edged sword and can overwhelm you.
Here are some tips for choosing the best backpack to use for your adventures:
1. Check Important Features
The first thing you have to do is to consider the features that you want for your carrier. For a wet travel adventure, you must look for a backpack made up of water-resistant materials. If theft is a significant issue for you, you can also opt for a bag with lockable zippers.
These are a few essential features that your wet travel adventure backpack should have:
- Water Resistance – When going on a water excursion, you should aim to bring several shirts and pants to change into. Protect your stuff from moisture by selecting a bag with a water-resistant outer layer. It doesn’t need to be 100 percent waterproof, but make sure that it provides enough protection for drizzles.
- Multiple Compartments – If you want your things to be organized inside your backpack, you might want to choose one that has several dedicated compartments. These sections come in a variety of sizes, which you can use to segregate your clothes and other essentials.
- Lockable Zippers – As mentioned above, lockable zippers can give you peace of mind when you have to leave your bag alone for a while. This can prevent other people from taking things out or putting things inside your backpack without your knowledge.
- Padded Sections – For your comfort, you should find a carrier with padded hip belts and shoulder straps. Cushions in the hip area of the bag can make the weight bearable. Meanwhile, whether you opt for a sling travel backpack or dual straps, you must choose those with paddings so that you’ll be comfortable even when you have to carry your bag over a long distance.
2. Consider The Extras
Aside from the must-have features, you should also identify what extra functions would be nice to have for your backpack. Some people prefer carriers with weight compression straps since these make carrying the bag around easier. It’s good to plan out your adventure so that you can anticipate what features can make your excursion more comfortable.
Some bonus features that you might want for your backpack are:
- Weight Compression Straps – These add-ons are characterized by gartered wires that criss-cross on the sides of the bag. Their primary purpose is to squeeze your stuff closer to the frame to bring the bulk closer to your back. This leads to more manageable weight transfer and balance; thus, making it easier to lug around a heavy load.
- Attachment Points – Attachment points are also known as tool loops, which you can use to fasten your ice ax or trekking poles on your backpack. Helmets and other accessories can also be attached to your bag through daisy chains.
- Warranty – A manufacturer’s or seller’s warranty is a sign of confidence in a backpack’s quality. This is a valuable bonus to look for when shopping for bags because you can get free replacements or repairs when the carrier didn’t live up to its claims.
3. Feel The Fit
After selecting the backpack that checks your must-have and nice-to-have list of features, you must also make sure that the bag has the right fit for your body. A carrier that’s too large or too small may lead to problems on your back, shoulder, and neck, which is why you must check the fit in-person as much as possible.
The right backpack fit should have the appropriate size for your torso length, not your overall height. Another factor to check is the snugness on your hips because this part helps carry the load of the bag.
4. Think About Your Budget
Lastly, consider your budget. While you shouldn’t automatically reach for the most expensive backpack, you shouldn’t also discount the more affordable options completely. Research on a bag’s features and cross-check them to your list. Read up on customer reviews as well to get a holistic idea of how it would feel like to use that carrier.
Choosing the best backpack for your next adventure entails determining the must-have features for your bag, which include water resistance and lockable zippers. Next, extras, like warranty and weight compression straps, would also be nice to have. Moreover, consider the fit and your budget to help you find the right carrier for your excursion.
Logistical Tips and Tricks
Organize your trip in five easy steps!
BOOK A FLIGHT!
Obviously, if you’re going on a trip somewhere far a way, you’ll need to book a flight. There is absolutely no need to worry about this, though, because with Skyscanner, you will be able to find a cheap flight anywhere in the world. And their website is extremely easy to use, so you will have your seat on a plane in no time at all!
BOOK A ROOM!
To easily find the best possible room in the city you’re visiting, just head to Booking.com. They have quite literally thousands of options, a reliable rating system and will always get you a great deal. On top of that, you can learn a lot from the comments people leave there, too. No matter if you’re looking for an apartment or an elite hotel, you’ll find what you need here.
GET A CAR!
If you want the ultimate sense of freedom while on your trip, a car is a must. Fortunately, there is a simple way to get one – just visit Booking’s Rentalcars and they’ll have your vehicle ready in a jiffy. Now you’ll be able to explore the new city thoroughly and, who knows, maybe even make a trip outside it.
INSURE YOURSELF FOR PEACE OF MIND!
Accidents, mishaps and other troubles happen to everyone. The key is to be prepared. That’s why getting a travel insurance is such a great idea: it can help you deal with any health issues, theft and even cancelled flights. World Nomads know full well about the problems that can arise on a trip because they are passionate travelers themselves. That’s why they can offer you the very best deals.
FIND SOMEONE TO HELP YOU GET AROUND!
Want to have some company as soon as you land? Through Welcomepickups.com, you can find a local to meet you at the airport and help you find your way around the new city. They can also set things up for you, give you some useful tips and be helpful in general. The whole project is a great idea and very well executed, so do go and see how these people can make your trip a more pleasant one.